Deadline: 15 December 2017
4 PhD positions in Industrial Sustainable Chemistry: Faculty of Science –Van’t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences at University of Amsterdam invite applications for 4 PhD candidates in Industrial Sustainable Chemistry. This project is funded by NWO, Technology Area (TA) Program of Innovatiefonds Chemie, Avantium and LEGO.
About the positions:
- Currently 5 PhD positions are available for exciting applied research projects in close collaboration with industrial partners LEGO, Avantium and others.
- PhD 4 will work in close associations with and partly at the UVA IBED institute (Dr Albert Tietema and Dr John Parsons).
- A 5th PhD candidate within this project will work at the UVA Psychology Department (Dr Frenk van Harreveld) in collaboration with the University of Leiden (Prof Bas Haring) to investigate consumer behavior and communication strategies with respect to sustainable materials.
- The PhD candidates should be creative thinkers that like challenging projects.
- PhD1, PhD2 and PhD3 candidates preferably have a background in organic synthesis (and catalysis), with an affinity for materials and applied research and with interest to use analytical methods (e.g. NMR, GC/LC-MS, DSC, TGA, GPC, etc.) as well as polymer performance evaluations.
- PhD4 candidate preferably has a background in biotechnology or biogeochemistry and should have affinity with method/assay development.
- Experience in polymer materials and high throughput assay development and application is preferred.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Chemistry with a substantial (organic) chemistry/ polymer chemistry component is required (PhD1, PhD1 and PhD3).
- Applicants with experience and affinity in biotechnology and biogeochemistry as well as high throughput testing (PhD4) have a clear advantage.
- Applicants must possess good communication skills in English (oral and written).
- Due to limitations in recruitment budget, candidates that are currently in Europe will be preferred.
Starting date: from 1 January 2018, and we will recruit until all positions have been filled.
- Send application to email@example.com and quote vacancy number 17 613 and the position (PhD1, PhD1, PhD3 or PhD4) in the subject-line.
- Applications must include:
- List of publications
- Motivation letter (why did you choose to apply for this position)
- The name(s) and contact details of one or two academic referees.
- All these should be grouped in one PDF attachment.
|Organization||University of Amsterdam|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Biotechnology|
|Fellowship amount||€2,222 to €2,840 gross per month|
|Deadline||15 December 2017|