Deadline: 31 December 2017
The Graduate School Human Development in Landscapes at Kiel University offers 5 PhD scholarships in Humanities, the Natural and the Social Sciences. The Graduate School has been granted funding by the German Excellence Initiative. The graduate program is jointly offered by academics of the Humanities, Mathematics and Natural Sciences, and Social and Life Sciences.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: initially for 2 years may be extended for a third year
Scholarship value: 1450€/month
- Applications are invited from highly qualified and motivated doctoral fellows to conduct high-quality interdisciplinary research.
- Applicant must hold an outstanding university degree (MA, MSc or equivalent) in a field relevant to the multidisciplinary theme of “Human Development in Landscapes”.
- Applicants are invited to submit proposals for PhD research projects addressing one or more of the following general themes of the Graduate School: “Society and Reflection”, “Social Space and Landscapes”, “Adaptation and Innovation”.
- Innovative research ideas are supported by the extensive infrastructure and graduate centre at Kiel University.
- Supervision will be provided at an interfaculty level.
- It is highly recommended that applicant must contact potential supervisors within the GS to find out whether their proposed project fits into the research foci of the Graduate School before submitting the application.
- Applications (in English) must include the following:
- Outline of the proposed PhD research project (max. 8 pages)
- Copies of credentials
- Proof of English proficiency
- 2 letters of reference
- Applications to be sent as a hardcopy and one single PDF file to the coordinator of the Graduate School: Prof. Dr. Johannes Müller; GSHDL / Johanna Mestorf Academy at Kiel University; Leibnizstr. 3; D-24118 Kiel; email@example.com
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Humanities, Natural Science|
|Deadline||December 31, 2017|