Deadline: 10 January 2018
IMPRS-MCB PhD Program is conducted jointly by International Max Planck Research School for Molecular and Cellular Biology (IMPRS-MCB) of the Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics and the University of Freiburg.
- Cell biology
- Functional Genomics
Duration: The IMPRS-MCB fellows have 3 to 4 years to obtain their degree.
Value: stipend covers the monthly living costs in Freiburg; no tuition-fees
- Applications are invited from excellent and highly motivated students of all nationalities with a passion for science.
- Applicant must hold outstanding academic record (GPA >80%, first or upper second class degree, top 10% of students in a given year)
- Applicant must possess practical lab experience of at least 4-6 months
- Applicant must possess excellent English language skills (TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent certificate)
- Applicants must hold an MSc/Diploma in Biology/ Biomedicine/ Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics or related subject (to be obtained latest 6 months after the application deadline).
- Apply online. Documents required are:
- Essay of Research Experience and Motivation (max. 2 page)
- Essay detailing a leadership experience in your life (max. 1 page)
- Grade Transcripts of academic education (Diploma, MSc and BSc or equivalent)
- Degree Certificates (MSc/BSc/Diploma or equivalent)
- English proficiency certificate
- Results of knowledge tests (GRE, GATE or equivalent), not compulsory
- 3 references with contact details. Inform referees before entering their email addresses in the application system.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology & Epigenetics and University of Freiburg|
|Subject areas||Immunobiology, Epigenetics, Cell biology, Metabolism, Biochemistry, Proteomics, Bioinformatics, Functional Genomics|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly stipend|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||10 January 2018|