Deadline: 4 January 2018
Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Social Sciences, Humanities: Brock University and the Canada Research Chair in Gender, Work and Care, in association with the Social Justice Research Institute (SJRI) invites applications for a one-year post-doctoral fellowship in Indigenous research (methodologies, epistemologies, and ontologies) and an interest/expertise in issues of paid and unpaid work for Indigenous individuals and families.
About the fellowship:
- This post-doctoral fellow is associated with Dr. Andrea Doucet, Tier 1 CRC in Gender, Work and Care
- The research work has two strands: (i) collaboration with the Fort Erie Native Friendship Centre (Ontario) and a research program on paid work, employment/unemployment, and care; and (ii) explorations in Indigenous approaches to knowledge making and intersections between Indigenous approaches and feminist, ecological, and new materialist approaches to epistemologies, ontologies and methodologies.
- Priority will be given to applicants who identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, or Metis).
- Applicant must have a compelling plan for research and publication, and strong potential for collaboration with Dr. Doucet and her research program.
- Applicant must have completed PhD (or pending) in the Social Sciences or Humanities
- Selected candidate would require regular presence on Brock campus (for research based in the Niagara region) during the academic year;
- Applicant must have some research experience on Turtle Island with Indigenous communities
- Applicant must have willingness to affiliate with Brock University’s Social Justice Research Institute and active involvement in initiatives related to the CRC’s research program.
Starting date: mid January 2018
Applications must include the following:
- Cover letter describing suitability for the fellowship
- Outline of current research with two writing samples
- Complete contact details for two individuals who would be willing to write letters of reference.
- Applications to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested applicants may contact Dr. Doucet at email@example.com to discuss their suitability.
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Humanities|
|Deadline||January 4, 2018|