Visiting fellowship/Research awards
Deadline: 15 December 2017
Visiting International Professor (VIP) Grant: Ruhr-Universität invites applications for Visiting International Professor (VIP) Grant as per its 8thcall. This endeavour is to nurture lasting cooperation in graduate education between Ruhr-Universität and renowned international institutions. The Visiting International Professor Fellowship is awarded to outstanding international researchers contributing to graduate training at RUB by teaching, scientific advice or direct supervision.
Award value: travel grant: up to 12,000 Euro (2x 6,000 €) to support their repeated visits to Bochum.
- Applicant (Visiting International Professors) must be established researchers that work at international research institutions.
- Applicants to be nominated by one (or more) RUB supervisors.
- It is mandatory that doctoral researchers from the nominating research group, chair or institute express their support through accompanying letters of recommendation illustrating the benefit of the VIPs visits for their research projects and international network.
- There is no form sheet for the VIP grant.
- Applicants are required mail the following documents as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org (these documents still require signatures):
- A letter of nomination signed by the nominating RUB supervisor(s)
- A letter of commitment of the nominee, indicating a time frame of the planned activities, goals and support for doctoral researchers, and a cost schedule.
- A CV and publication list of the nominee
- Two or more letters of recommendation from doctoral researchers of RUB; to be sent separately and include a detailed explanation of the guest’s impact on their respective Ph.D. projects.
|Fellowship Level||Visiting fellowship/Research awards|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||up to 12,000 Euro|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 December 2017|