Deadline: 03 January 2018
CIMAP-JNU Ph.D Programme: Walk- in- Interview: Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP) is a constituent laboratory of CSIR (an autonomous body under the MST, Govt. of India). The institute invites eligible candidates for admission in CIMAP-JNU Ph.D programme leading to award of Doctoral degree from Jawahar Lal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
The Institute conducts research in following areas:
- Biological Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Applicant must hold Masters in Life Sciences / Agriculture / Botany / Chemistry / Biotechnology / Bioscience / Biochemistry / Plant Sciences/ Environmental Sciences / Molecular Biology/Bioinformatics.
- Applicant must have scored minimum 55 % marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PH).
- Applicant must have cleared CSIR-UGC NET Exam/ICMR-NET Exam/DBT-JRF Exam or any other Exam leading to JRF/SRF fellowship tenable at CSIR-CIMAP.
- Reservations are as per statutory of India norms.
- Recipients will have to complete Pre-Ph.D courses in any one of the three sub-disciplines (Plant Sciences/Biotechnology & Bioinformatics/Chemical sciences) of their interest as the Core courses with optional courses, in two semesters spread over one year.
- On the successful completion of courses (OGPA 6.5/10.0 for general & OBC category and 6.0/10.0 for SC/ST//PH) students will be eligible for registration as CIMAP-JNU Ph.D scholar under the supervision of CSIR-CIMAP scientists available as guide to carry out research on a scientific topic covered under above areas at CSIR-CIMAP.
- Admission to the Ph.D programme (January 2017) will be made purely based on walk- in- interview to be held on 04-01-2017 at 10:00 AM at CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow.
- Before interview, applicant has to fill an application from which must be accompanied with non-refundable processing fee in the form of a Demand Draft for Rs.200/- for General candidate and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidate fee drawn in favour of Director, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow. Application proforma can be downloaded from our website www.cimap.res.in.
- Applicants have to bring all the certificates in original.
- Application must bring attested copies of certificates and mark sheets from Senior Secondary level onward.
- Any travel expenses will not be provided by the institute for appearing for interview.
|Organization||Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants|
|Subject areas||Biological Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Chemical Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||03 January 2018|