Study in:France, Sweden, Germany and Italy
Deadline: 31 December 2017
FogGuru project powered by Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant; Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme offers 8 full-time PhD positions on Fog Computing. The positions are available in France, Sweden, Germany and Italy.
Study areas: Fog/cloud computing infrastructures, middlewares and services
About the FogGuru project:
- Fog computing is emerging as a new paradigm for powering novel applications and services through the provisioning of a distributed computing infrastructure able to process data closer to users.
- Fog computing is a natural next step after cloud computing, as it provides substantial advantages in terms of scalability, interactivity and better usage of network resources.
- FogGuru will nurture a generation of technology professionals, specifically trained on fog computing infrastructures and applications, and who will fully master the innovation process stemming from fundamental research towards invention and development of innovative products and services, and to real-life deployment, experimentation and engagement with beta-testers.
Starting date: March 1st 2018
- The positions are open to candidates from all nationalities
- Applicant must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date.
Position 1: Fog computing service roaming techniques (University of Rennes 1, France)
Position 2: Stream processing operator placement (University of Rennes 1, France)
Position 3: Autonomous management optimizations based on on-line anomaly detection (Elastisys, Sweden)
Position 4: Automatic optimization of autonomous management systems (Elastisys, Sweden)
Position 5: Elasticity mechanisms for distributed stream processing under QoS constraints (TU Berlin, Germany)
Position 6: Robust data stream optimization under variable traffic conditions (TU Berlin, Germany)
Position 7: Scalable data pipelines for fog computing applications (U-Hopper, Italy)
Position 8: Fog computing-enabled IoT situation-aware services (U-Hopper, Italy)
|Organization||Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant; Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme|
|Country||France, Sweden, Germany and Italy|
|Subject areas||Computer science, Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalitties|
|Deadline||December 31st 2017|