Deadline: 24 January 2018
The University of Sheffield is delighted to announce five fully funded PhD scholarships – available to students from the UK and international students.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School and Sheffield Technical School.
Students may be required to take an internationally recognized English language test such as IELTS.
- Application Deadline: January 24, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the Faculty of Science in the following subjects:
- Animal and Plant Sciences, Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Physics and Astronomy and Psychology.
- Scholarship Award: This is a fully funded scholarship.
- Nationality: the UK and International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to five scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: the UK and International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have met the following requirements:
The University welcomes applications from students with excellent degrees from UK, EU or overseas institutions. Minimally, applicants should hold or be about to obtain, an upper second class (2:1) degree from a UK university, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized EU or overseas institution. Studentships will be awarded competitively, so relevant research experience and/or Masters level degree qualifications will be significant enhancements. Studentships will pay the equivalence of a standard RCUK stipend and Home, EU or overseas fees as appropriate.
English Language Requirements: Students may be required to take an internationally recognized English language test such as IELTS.
How to Apply: Identify a potential project and supervisor from the departmental ‘PhD projects’ webpages above, please complete the University’s postgraduate online application form to apply. Applications for 2018/19 entry are now open; the closing date is Wednesday 24 January 2018. Late applications cannot be accepted.