Deadline: 21 January 2018
Two (02) Phd Student in Supramolecular Nanochemistry And Materials Group at the
The Supramolecular NanoChemistry & Materials Group (NANOUP) is aiming on controlling the supramolecular assembly of molecules, biomolecules & nanoscale building blocks at the nanometer scale for the design of novel functional architectures and devices.
Funding Agency: Funded by the EU Framework Program H2020, the group is looking for two (02) candidates to be employed as a PhD students for the study of the high performance MOF and IPOSS enhanced membrane systems as next generation CO2 capture technologies.
Major Tasks and responsibilities:
- During three years, the selected candidate will design, synthetize and characterize new porous, crystalline MOFs, control their miniaturization at the nanoscale and study them as advanced adsorbents for several applications, including CO2 separation, gas adsorption, etc.
- The candidate will acquire a great experience in supramolecular chemistry and nanotechnology (nanochemistry), as well as in the use of a wide range of characterization techniques.
- The candidate will develop her/his thesis in excellent scientific infrastructures, highly international atmosphere and will count with the expertise of NANOUP team.
Key Requirements: Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Nanochemistry or Materials Science
- Having a Master in Chemistry, Materials Science or Nanotechnology will be highly regarded.
- Fluent in English
Research Career Profile (According to the European Framework for Research Careers):
R1 First Stage Researcher
Conditions / Type of Employement:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 3 years.
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Start Date: Estimated Incorporation date: 1st candidate on March 2018. 2n candidate on May 2018.
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website online and should include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- Two Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline: last date for applications is January 21st.
|Organization||ICN2 – Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Institut Català de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Engineering, Nanotechnology|
|Fellowship amount||As per Norms|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||January 21st, 2018|