Deadline: 2 January 2018
Early Career Fellowships are available across the full spectrum of biomedical research – from fundamental molecular and cellular studies through to clinical and public health research. The fellowships are available through DBT welcome trust alliance.
This competition invites applications for the three schemes:
- Early Career Fellowships
- Intermediate Fellowships
- Senior Fellowships
- Applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to establish an independent research career in India.
- Applicant holding medical degree and/or a MPH degree to also have a PhD in order to apply to our Fellowships.
- Flexible eligibility criteria are followed to determine the eligibility of researchers.
- Applications are invited from applicants in the final year of MD/MS/MPH or have up to 15 years of post MD/MS/MPH or equivalent clinical /public health research experience.
- Applicants are recommended to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory and track record.
- Applicants must have shown substantial promise in their scientific career to date, which includes (not limited to) a strong academic record, attendance of conferences and workshops, and the vision to develop as an independent researcher.
Duration: The fellowship is for 5 years, full time
- Personal Support for the fellow
- Research expenses (materials and consumables; animals; support to attend scientific meetings; and small items of equipment, e.g. laptop)
- Travel and overseas subsistence for work outside the Host Institution; these are scientifically justified visits of up to 24 months to an external laboratory either in India or abroad
|Organization||Wellcome Trust and DBT India alliance|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Eligibility||Open to all|
|Deadline||2 January 2018|