Deadline: 19 January 2018
Women Scientists Scholarship Program: WOS- C: Scholarship Program for Women Scientists is offered by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. This scholarship addresses public needs is a recent initiative of the DST to greatly utilize the human resource of women scientists for development of the country.
- Make use of the abilities and concepts of the applicant to participate in the developmental process of the country
- Cultivate confidence of applicant to take up programs of application of science and technology.
- Prepare & motivate others scientists to take up projects addressing the requirements of people in disorganized urban or rural areas.
- Provide opportunity for Science and Technology capacity building of applicant on issues relevant in societal programs.
- Provide a prospect for women scientists to re-enter into active research after a career break.
- Stipend: M.Sc in Basic or Applied Sciences/B.Tech/MBBS or equivalent degree Rs.20,000/- pm M.Phil/M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.V.Sc or equivalent degree Rs.25,000/- pm Ph.D in Basic or Applied Sciences or equivalent degree Rs.30,000/- pm
- Indian women residents living in India are eligible.
- Fellowship is only available for those Women Scientists who had a break in their career and are in the 27-57 years age group and have interest in addressing a well-defined societal challenge through viable S&T interventions are encouraged to apply under WOS-C.
- All such applications will be subjected to a rigorous selection process and only the most promising may be extended budgetary support.
- Applicant must not hold a regular position.
Scholarship will be given for 3 years
How to apply:
- Whom to Contact: For detailed information please contact Mrs. Sangeeta Nagar, Scientist-E, TIFAC, New Delhi-110016 [Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 011-42525802].
|Organization||Department of Science and Technology, KIRAN Division|
|Subject areas||Societal aspects|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for Indians|
|Deadline||Application Portal is now open.19 January 2018|