Postdoctoral Researcher: Department of Psychology, Umeå University, Sweden

Umeå University
Postdoctoral Researcher
Study in:Sweden
Expired
Deadline: 22 Jan 2018

Postdoctoral researcher with a focus on empathy, intergroup attitudes and friendships

Department of Psychology

Umeå University is hiring a postdoctoral researcher with a focus on empathy, intergroup attitudes and friendships. The 100% position can be placed in the department of psychology or sociology according to the candidate’s preference.

The Faculty of Social Sciences hosts undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Research within the departments covers a variety of areas, where one of the fields is research on prejudice, intergroup friendships and development of personality.

The postdoctoral project focuses on research questions relating to the following themes:

• Development of empathy in adolescence
  • Development of intergroup attitudes and friendships in adolescence
  • The role of social contexts (parents, peers, and school) on empathy and intergroup attitudes and friendships in majority and minority adolescents.

The project is quantitative and based on an existing longitudinal database. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and carrying out research in collaboration with the research leader for this project. The postdoctoral position is for a 24-month period.

In order to be qualified for the position, the person must have achieved a doctoral degree in Psychology, Sociology or other relevant discipline no later than three years before the last date of the application. Parental leave, sick leave, military service etc. may push this date back. The applicant should not previously have held a postdoc position at Umeå University.

The main assessment criteria for the appointment are documented research skills and academic track record. Applicants must be able to analyze longitudinal data and speak and write English fluently. The person appointed is to carry out the job on location in Umeå, and is expected to participate in common departmental activities.

Application should contain:

• a complete CV, including list of publications
  • research plan including a problem description, aims, and a discussion of the relevance of the research (max. 5 pages)
  • the applicant’s thesis and maximum of three representative publications

The employment starts as soon as possible or as agreed. Applications are accepted via system Varbi latest 2018-01-22.

Read more about the departments at www.psy.umu.se and www.soc.umu.se

Admission

According to the agreement

Contact

Marta Miklikowska, Project Manager

marta.miklikowska@umu.se

Mikael Hjerm, professor

Mikael.hjerm@umu.se

Registration number

AN 2.2.1-2262-17

Salary

Monthly Salary

Union representative

BAG

090-786 53 65

SEKO

090-786 52 96

ST

090-786 54 31

Apply before

2018-01-22

Apply Now