Bachelors and Masters
Deadline: 1 March 2018
Amsterdam Science Talent Scholarship (ASTS) at the Faculty of Science
Benefits: The Amsterdam Science Talent Scholarship (ASTS) is a full scholarship of € 12.500 (covering tuition fee and living expenses) for one (01) academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programs).
Candidates wishing to apply for an ASTS program should:
- hold a nationality from one of the countries of the EU/EEA (The Netherlands excluded) or Suisse
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the ASTS
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programs
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programmes at the UvA
Application deadline: 1 March.
Selection criteria for the scholarship
The Faculty of Science has a limited number of AST Scholarships available. In addition to the admission requirements of the Master’s programme, eligible candidates are selected on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- The candidate’s academic records. Students belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply. This generally means an overall GPA equivalent to:
- 3.5 (American system, 4-point scale)
- 1st class honours/ upper division (British system)
- 8+ (Dutch EC-system, 10-point scale);
- The academic quality of the educational institute where the (under)graduate degree has been (or will be) obtained;
- The quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words), in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s program in a broader context and the relevance of obtaining this scholarship for the candidate’s future academic career;
- The candidate’s CV
- Proof of English proficiency
The applications are made online
Requirements for prolongation of the scholarship in the second year
- The scholarship is awarded to students in their first year of a Master’s degree programme. Only students following a 2-year Master’s program may be awarded a scholarship for a second year.
- The prerequisite for obtaining the scholarship for a second year is the achievement of at least 80% of the 60 possible credits.
|Organization||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
|Level||Bachelors and Masters|
|Subject areas||All disciplines covered under the scope of the university|
|Eligibility||EU/EEA (The Netherlands excluded) or Suisse|
|Deadline||1 March (Yearly)|