Deadline: 15 January 2018
Branco Weiss Fellowship: Postdoc fellowship program: Branco Weiss Fellowship is a unique postdoc program. Fellowship is awarded to young researchers from around the world with a generous personal research grant, giving them the freedom to work on whatever topic they choose anywhere in the world.
- Social sciences
Funding: The Society in Science fellowship program is financed by the Swiss entrepreneur Dr. Branco Weiss. The program belongs to the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH).
- Applicant must officially hold a PhD on January 15, 2017
- Applicant’s project departs from the mainstream of research in the chosen discipline.
- Applicant must have a record of exceptional scientific achievement.
- Applicant must demonstrate in the proposal a keenness to engage in a dialogue on relevant social, cultural, political or economic issues across the frontiers of your particular discipline.
- Applicant must not have born before January 1, 1983
The 5 year fellowship is granted in two installments.
- The pioneer phase: the first 2 years of research; at the end of this phase a review is conducted
- The exploitation phase: the remaining three years
- CHF 100’000/year
- Grant is to cover all legitimate cost of research like salary and/or equipment, travel cost, consumables, personnel
- Applications to be submitted online
- Following documents (in pdf files)to be uploaded:
- Letter of motivation describing the research within the discipline and including a scientific vision explaining why the project differs from the mainstream (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (4 pages max.)
- Project proposal (4 pages max.) with project abstract text
- Copies of three best publications
- Note that letters of support do not have to be submitted upon application but will only be asked for once your application is taken further.
|Organization||ETH Zurich (Society in Science)|
|Subject areas||Science, Engineering, Social Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||CHF 100’000/year|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 January 2018|