Deadline: 31 January 2018
The Josephine De Karman Fellowship Trust was established to recognize and assist students whose scholastic achievements reflect Professor Von Karman’s high standards.
Number of fellowships: Approx. 8 fellowships
Fellowship value: $22,000 for graduate students & $14,000 for undergraduate students, will be awarded for the regular academic year (fall and spring semesters or the equivalent where the quarterly system prevails)
Duration: The fellowship is for one academic year and may not be renewed or postponed.
- The fellowships are open to students in any discipline, including international students, who are currently enrolled in a university or college located within the United States.
- Only candidates for the PhD who will defend their dissertation in or about June 2019 and undergraduates entering their senior year (will receive bachelor’s degree in or about June 2019) are eligible for consideration for a 2018-2019 fellowship.
- Postdoctoral and master’s degree students are not eligible for consideration. Special consideration will be given to applicants in the Humanities.
- Applicants who are not US nationals may apply for the Fellowship if they are already enrolled in a university located in the US and if they will be in the US by the July preceding the fall semester of the academic year for which they have enrolled.
- Application form (available on website)
- Grade Transcripts (graduate and undergraduate) studies at institutions in the United States and Canada
- 2 letters of Recommendation
- All material must be received by the fellowship committee IN ONE PACKAGE postmarked no later than midnight, January 31, 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
|Organization||Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||$22,000 for graduate students & $14,000 for undergraduate students|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities (enrolled in US)|
|Deadline||January 31, 2018|