Deadline: 8 March 2018.
Liam McCarthy Scholarship in Ireland, 2018: The PCI College is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the Liam McCarthy Scholarship 2018. The Scholarship will provide full fees for the successful candidate to complete BSc (Honours) degree in Counselling & Psychotherapy, beginning in September 2018.
The PCI College was founded in 1991 to provide training in counselling and psychotherapy for mature students.
Application Deadline: March 8, 2018.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing BSc programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Counselling & Psychotherapy.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship awarded is for full fees for the 4 year BSc in Counselling & Psychotherapy degree programme. Additional costs (including personal therapy, supervision and personal development workshops) are not covered by the Scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The Scholarship is open to anyone intending to start the BSc in 2018. Students must have completed a Certificate course (of 100 hours or similar) or be in the process of completing one or meet the criteria for entry to the BSc degree.
- Applicants should possess sufficient maturity to reflect on their own development as a person, they will also need to have successfully completed a:
- Certificate Course in Counselling & Psychotherapy (or similar) -100 Hours (or be in the process of completing a Certificate course)
- Work/Volunteer training with a substantial counselling element.
- Level 7+ course in Psychology, Social Care/Social Work, Psychiatric Nursing
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
In summary, applicants must submit the following documents to successfully apply for the scholarship:
- A completed application form.
- A 500-word written endorsement by someone within a helping profession.
- A 1000-word essay written by the applicant entitled “Regulation of counselling and psychotherapy is essential in order to strengthen and protect the profession”.
- A 500-word written piece by the candidate on why they think they are deserving of the Liam McCarthy scholarship.
How to Apply:
Entry is by application form which must include a 1000 word essay by the applicant entitled: “Some of the most effective therapists in the field were at heart wounded healers. Discuss your motivation for therapist training with respect to your own wounded self.”
Applicants must also be nominated by someone within the helping professions. As part of the application, the nominator is required to submit a 500-word endorsement, outlining why they think the candidate should be awarded the Scholarship. Another 500 word written piece is required to be written by the candidate, and concerns why they think they deserving of the Liam McCarthy scholarship.