Deadline: 12 February 2018
Applications are invited for Hybrid Twinning Program Scholarship (HBT) at Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan for the academic year 2018/2019. The students from partner universities of HBT are eligible.
All students completed the Master’s program at SIT will be designed to enroll in its Doctor’s Program through the entrance examination for the Doctor’s program and study for another three years toward his/her SIT Doctor’s Degree.
- Application Deadline: February 12, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master and Doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered.
- Scholarship Award: Support from SIT
– SIT entrance examination fee: 35,000yen
– SIT entrance fee: 260,000yen
– SIT tuition fee: 1,305,000yen/year
– Living allowance: 100,000yen/month, at a maximum of four years starting from October 2018.
– Reward for Leaning Facilitator: 42,000yen/month
- Nationality: Students from Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: 1-2 scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: The applicant must:
- Be either a student or an academic staff of the partner universities
- Have completed one academic year in the Master’s course (graduate level) at home universities or held the Master’s degree (or the equivalent) as of September 2018
- Be under 33 years of age as of April 1st, 2018
- Have held academic performance of at least top 10% of the class both at the undergraduate and the graduate level
- Have good English skill – preferably 550 scores in TOEFL PBT (or 80 scores in TOEFL iBT)
- Be physically and mentally healthy
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good English skill – preferably 550 scores in TOEFL PBT (or 80 scores in TOEFL iBT).
How to Apply: The application documents are sent only through the international affairs section of the home university by post.
Application documents – the required documents should be provided in English except for the Master’s thesis. If the original copy of the document(s) is available only in applicant’s mother language, the English translation of the document(s) shall be attached to the original copy.
- Application form – Hybrid Twinning Program, SIT – prescribed form
- Field of Study and Study Program – prescribed form
- 5 photos – from shoulders above, size: 4.5 x 3.5cm, applicant’s name on the back
- Clear copy of passport –page showed the applicant’s photo and data
- Copy of the Birth certificate, family registration (or the equivalent)
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent)
- Certificate of Master’s degree if any (or the equivalent)
- Official academic records of undergraduate course
- Official academic records of Master’s course (or the equivalent)
- Certificate of Health – prescribed form: completed by the examining physician within the last 2 months
- Research Plan at SIT: A4 size, 1.5 spaced, 2 pages including supporting drawings, figures, and tables
- A research report of on-going thesis work at home university signed by the supervisor, or the copy of Master’s thesis if any: Master’s thesis can be submitted by data forms, such as CD and USB.
- Abstract of Master’s thesis if any 14. List of scientific publication if any
- Copy of TOEFL score (or the equivalent) within the last 24 months
- Recommendation letters from all the people described below (Please copy the prescribed form and use for each letter)
- Dean of the Graduate School or above of the home university: attention to the President of SIT, Prof. Dr. Masato Murakami
- Director of the office in charge of international affairs: attention to the Director of Center for International Programs at SIT, Prof. Dr. Takumi Miyoshi
- Supervisor of the Graduate program level at home university
- Supervisor of the Undergraduate program level at home university