Deadline: 17 January 2018
The new RBNI Scholarships & Prizes for excellence in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology is now available at The Russell Berry Nanotechnology Institute in Israel.
The Russell Berry Nanotechnology Institute awards scholarships and awards to outstanding students in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology, with the aim of encouraging students to engage in this important field of research.
Supported by the Russell Berrie Foundation, the Government of Israel through TELEM, and Technion, RBNI was inaugurated in 2005 and aims at positioning the Technion and the State of Israel at the forefront of global Nanotechnology research and development.
- Application deadline: January 17, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master’s / Doctor’s Degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Scholarship Award: The winner will receive the addition of one scholarship in excess of the total number of scholarships approved until the date of the award. The additional grant will be awarded for the months of October 2017 and through September 2018 (inclusive). Prizes: The Russell Berry Scholarships will be awarded for the Russell Berrie Prize. Candidates for the prize will be given instructions on how to apply for the prize.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: The winner will receive the addition of one scholarship in excess of the total number of scholarships approved until the date of the award. Three winners will be awarded prizes of NIS 2,500, NIS 5,000, and NIS 7500.
- Scholarship can be taken in Israel
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Trainee’s Master’s degree or doctorate in nanoscience and the nanotechnology
- Master – after prior approval of a research graduate school
- Doctor (regular doctor, direct track doctor, special track doctor) – Applications can be submitted only after passing a candidacy examination.
- Applications can be submitted only for the active degree. The award is for the degree according to which the candidacy was submitted (with the exception of students in the direct doctoral track).
- Scholarships with a minimum of four fellowships, whose scholarships were approved for a period of 12 months in the academic year of the academic year (from October 2017 to September 2018 inclusive) for the degree of Master or Doctorate or Doctor in Direct Track.
- Progress in the “very good” / “excellent” research (a study from the second semester)
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members who recognize the candidate (only one of the facilitators) should be sent directly to: rbnigrnt-at-technion.ac.il.
How to Apply: The application is submitted via an electronic form at the bottom of the page.