Deadline: 31 January 2018
BGSMCS PhD Programme: 10 PhD positions: The Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies (BGSMCS) offers up to ten PhD students positions to its doctoral programme. The Graduate School is a joint project of Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, and Leibniz-Zentrum Moderner Orient, which brings together scholars in the humanities, social sciences, and area studies.
Starting date: 1 October 2018
- Applicants must hold master’s degree in Arabic Studies, Central Asian Studies, History, History of Islamic Art, Human Geography, Islamic Studies, Political Science, Semitic Studies, Social and Cultural Anthropology, South and Southeast Asian Studies, Southeast European History, with a ranking, where applicable, of above average.
- The language of instruction and communication is English.
The application package must include the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form;
- Outline of the dissertation project (up to 6 pages, with a brief summary);
- Certified copies of degrees received;
- Proof of proficiency in English (native speakers of English or applicants who have graduated from an English-speaking university in a country with English as an official language are exempt from this verification);
- Evidence of proficiency in the language(s) relevant to the dissertation project;
- 2 letters of recommendation; emailed by the referees directly
- The complete application package must be submitted, compiled into one PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org
BGSMCS Scholarship details:
- History and cultural studies will be funded by Gerda Henkel Stiftung: 3 scholarships
- 2 PhD students with Chinese citizenship: Chinese Scholarship Council and Freie Universität Berlin’s Beijing Office (FU-CSC PhD Scholarship)
- All PhD students admitted to the Graduate School will receive a travel allowance.
|Organization||Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies (BGSMCS)|
|Subject areas||Arabic Studies, Central Asian Studies, History, History of Islamic Art, Human Geography, Islamic Studies, Political Science, Semitic Studies, Social and Cultural Anthropology, South and Southeast Asian Studies, Southeast European History|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 January 2018|