Deadline: 31 January 2018
DESY Summer Student Programme 2018: Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY) offers undergraduate students in physics or related natural science disciplines the possibility to participate in the research activities of the laboratory. Selected candidates join in the day-to-day work of research groups at the DESY Laboratory in Hamburg or Zeuthen (Berlin) and participate in one of these activities.
Duration: 7 weeks; from July 17 to September 6; students are expected to stay for the full period.
- DESY accepts student that are enrolled at their university for the whole period of the summer student programme (due to regulations for paid traineeships in Germany).
- Applicants must have completed (by the summer of 2018), at least 3 years of full-time studies at university level in physics or related natural science disciplines.
- The main targets are students who in summer 2018) are at the following two stages: about to obtain Bachelor degree or have a Bachelor degree and are about to finish their Ist year of studies for a Master degree.
- Applicant must possess good working knowledge of English.
- Applicants should not have previously been at DESY as a summer student
- DESY Summer Students will be paid a subsistence allowance to cover living expenses for a single person.
- Travel expenses will be subsidized.
How to apply:
- Apply online (portal will open form 15 Dec)
|Subject areas||Physics, Natural Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 January 2018|