Full-stack developer at The National Life Science Supercomputing Centre: We are looking for a full-stack developer with a strong focus on the frontend. You will be building interfaces to extract information from existing data sources as well as participate in designing and implementing new systems.
Understanding of biology is not a requirement, but candidates familiar with it will have an opportunity to contribute to research across the field of Life Sciences.
Our technology stack:
- AngularJS (ongoing migration to Angular 5)
- Python2.7 for the backend services (Django/Flask framework) and core scientific libraries
- PostgreSQL/MySQL, Elastic, Neo4j
Primary areas of responsibility
As a full-stack developer, you will be building systems for exploring, visualising and interacting with data coming from our internal systems and researchers. Your responsibilities will relate mostly to the frontend side with the share of backend tasks to be adjusted depending on your interests and abilities. Your main tasks would include:
- Developing new features and interfaces while maintaining clean and coherent codebase
- Creating and maintaining tests
- Optimising queries and fine-tuning Elastic
- Collaborating with the project partners outside of the team if needed
- Maintaining user-facing documentation of the APIs and description of the system logic
- Participating in regular meetings where the team members altogether discuss the progress and the next steps
Our expectations of you
The competences that will be required:
- A degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Data Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with building and using REST APIs
- Experience with Python language
- Knowledge of basic concepts of relational databases
- Git version control
It would be a plus to have experience with:
- Implementing web interfaces in collaboration with UI/UX designers
- Python web frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Managing CentOS servers
- Docker, provisioning and orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Ansible etc.)
- Agile development (Scrum etc)
What we offer in return
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer a great flexibility in the position. In the area of technical and natural sciences, DTU is one of the leading research and education institutions in Europe.
Salary and appointment terms
Terms of appointment and payment according to the Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Federation of Professional Associations (AC).
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than Monday, 22nd January 2018. Open the “Apply online” link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV and exam certificates. If you would like additional information about the position, please contact senior executive officer Myhanh Nguyen, email@example.com.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
The Danish National Life Science Supercomputing Center, Computerome is a HPC Facility specialized for Life Science. Users include Research groups from all Danish Universities and large international research consortiums as well as users from industry and the public Health Care Sector. They all benefit from the fast, flexible and secure infrastructure and the ability to combine different types of sensitive data and perform analysis. Computerome is physically installed at the DTU Risø campus and managed by a strong team of specialists from DTU. Computerome is the official supercomputer of ELIXIR Denmark, a member of ELIXIR, the European infratructure for biological information.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 11,000 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.