Deadline: 28 Feb 2018
ICMR International Fellowships Program (2018-19): ICMR- Indian Council of Medical Research is the foremost national organization for the formulation, advancement and conduct of biomedical research in India. To accomplish the objective of constructing up of a highly skilled pool of biomedical researchers in all aspects of biomedical research including basic, applied, epidemiological and clinical sciences, the ICMR has embarked upon an International fellowship programme for capacity strengthening of scientists of the country.
- Young Scientists: 3- 6 months
- Senior Scientists: 10-15 days
Number of Fellowships awarded every year:
- Young Scientists: 12 fellowships/year
- Senior Scientists: 6 fellowships/year
- Young Scientists: US$ 3000/month including accommodation and other expenses; Return economy class airfare by Air India; Contingency grant- Rs. 20,000/-
- Senior Scientists: US$ 200/day including US$ 75 as per diem and up to US$ 125 for accommodation expenses, subject to a maximum of US$ 3000 for entire duration of stay; Return economy class airfare by Air India; Contingency grant- Rs.20,000/-
Note: If selected, the fellowship is to be availed before 28th February, 2019
- Applicant must be Indian national and working in the country.
- For Young Scientists: Applicant must hold an M.D/Doctorate degree with at least 3 years teaching or research experience.
- For Senior Scientists: applicant must have 15 years of experience in teaching or research in a recognized Institute after obtaining the required qualification.
- Age: For young scientists: under 45 years; for senior scientists: under 57 years.
- Applicant must be working in a regular position in a recognized Biomedical/ Research/ Health Institution.
- Application must be forwarded by the Employer or Head of the Institution with a declaration that the applicant will be considered as a full time employee of the Institution during the period of the fellowship.
- Letter of acceptance from the host Institute (where they proposes to work during the fellowship) must be submitted.
- A concrete plan of training related to the project must be submitted by the applicant for availing the fellowship.
|Organization||Indian Council of Medical Research|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Fellowship amount||Varies as per qualification and experience|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||28th Feb 2018|