Deadline: 31 August 2018
EMPAPOSTDOCS-II: Empa’s postdoctoral fellowship programme launches its first call for applications for 2 years of high-level career training.
About the programme (EMPAPOSTDOCS-II):
- It is an individual-driven research and career advancing fellowship which follows a bottom-up approach and offers incoming and re-integrating international mobile researchers a 2-year full employment contract at Empa.
- Nanostructured Materials
- Sustainable Built Environment
- Health and Performance
- Natural Resources and Pollutants
- Applicant must be an experienced researcher. Applicant must possess a doctoral degree, irrespective of the time taken to acquire it (at the time of the application deadline).
- Applicant must not have finished her/his PhD more than 6 years before.
- Applicant must not have stayed or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in Switzerland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the application deadline.
For the re-integration scheme:
- The researcher originates from the EU-27 or Associated Countries;
- The researcher has been active in research in a third country for at least three years and in the last 12 months immediately prior to the application deadline.
- living allowance, research cost contribution and mobility package
- living allowances: CHF 85’000 during the first fellowship year; CHF 88’000 during the second fellowship year
Number of fellowships: maximum 20
- Applications can only be submitted together with an Empa-based mentor (only one proposal per individual researcher will be evaluated).
|Organization||Empa (Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology)|
|Subject areas||Material Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||August 31st 2018|