Deadline: 30 July 2018
Patrick Malone and Associates are inviting applications from law students for two law scholarships. Those who are dedicated to a career representing individuals. This is known as “Representing Real People” scholarship. The main aim is to make law schooling for students feasible.
The security and stability of large segments of the US population are at risk here: Evictions, foreclosures, child support, domestic violence, employment rights, and inheritance when parents have died without a will. These are only few issues which individuals are facing, for which they require expert and empathetic help from devoted lawyers.
Attorneys can make big difference in re-balancing the scales of justice by choosing a career representing real people. Especially when it’s too costly to hire a lawyer. Following are few options to choose from after you finish your Law degree.
- Immigration laws
- Family law
- Employment laws representing human resources
- Estates and trusts, and any probate matters representing individuals
- Landlord-tenant law representing tenants
- Elder law
- Disability rights
- Personal injury law representing injured persons and families
- Public interest law focused on individual rights
One scholarships is will be given to student who is attending law course in or around the District of Columbia. The other can be given to any law school in US.
Eligibility Criteria for the fellowship:
- Applicant should be a student at an accredited U.S. Law school. He/She shall start attending classes in the fall of the year of application.
- Applicant should have ambitions to carry on with a legal career representing individuals. For those who especially has inadequate financial means.
How to apply:
- Download application form and fill it.
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of admission to or current attendance at a U.S. accredited Law institute.
- Transcript of all grades at law school as well as undergraduate level.
- Note: Decision of the scholarship award will be announced on or around August 1.
Scholarship will be paid towards: Tuition and other fees.
|Organization||Patrick Malone and Associates|
For Further Details: Click