Deadline: 31 January 2018
UNIL Summer Undergraduate Research Programme (School of Biology): Faculty of Biology and Medicine at University of Lausanne (UNIL) offers the School of Biology Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Programme.
Duration: July 4th to August 29th
- The programme is open to undergraduates who have completed the second or third year of their university degree in any biological or medical field.
- Applicants who have completed only one year of an undergraduate degree, or who will have graduated by the time of the programme are not eligible.
- Applications are open to students of any nationality and be studying in any country.
- Applicant must possess very good abilities in written and spoken English.
- Selected students must be present for the entire programme to participate.
- The programme is highly competitive and students are chosen based upon their academic record (typically GPA >3.75 or equivalent, and/or top 5% class ranking), personal statements, and letters of recommendation.
Following materials are required with online application.
- Transcripts: document should be named in the following format: “CandidateSurname_Transcripts.pdf”
- 2 Recommendation letters: document should be e-mailed directly by your referees to email@example.com before the application deadline.
Potential host laboratories for the SUR Programme (UNIL Faculty of Biology and Medicine)
Section of Fundamental Sciences
- Biotechnology Institute
- Department of Biochemistry (DB)
- Department of Plant Molecular Biology (DBMV)
- Department of Ecology and Evolution (DEE)
- Department of Fundamental Microbiology (DMF)
- Department of Fundamental Neurosciences (DNF)
- Departement of Pharmacology and Toxicology (DPT)
- Department of Physiology (DP)
- Center for Integrative Genomics (CIG)
- Department of Information Systems (ISI)
- Department of Computational Biology (DCB)
Section of Clinical Sciences
- Centre de neurosciences psychiatriques (CNP)
- Centre des Maladies Moléculaires
- Institute of Microbiology
- Infectious Diseases Service
- Department of Clinical Neurosciences
- Division of Experimental Oncology
- Laboratory for Investigative Neurophysiology (The LINE)
- Neuroimaging Research Laboratory
|Organization||University of Lausanne (UNIL)|
|Subject areas||Biology, Biotechnology, Neuroscience, Biomedical, Microbiology, Computational Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31st January 2018|