Deadline: 30 August 2018
UWA: Gledden Visiting Fellowships, Australia: The University of Western Australia (UWA) offers the Robert and Maude Gledden Senior Visiting Fellowships for the year 2019. This fellowship is part of the estate bestowed to the University by the late Robert John Gledden to endorse and encourage education and research at the University in the disciplines of applied science (relating to surveying, engineering, mining or cognate subjects).
The aim of the fellowship is to provide travel costs and living expenses for accommodation for scholars outside of Western Australia.
- Open for researchers who have PhD degrees or equivalent qualifications or experience and who are mid-career researchers or senior researchers.
- Nominations for mid-career researchers must validate how the nominee’s research aligns with UWA’s areas of research strength and the prospective to considerably enhance the group with which the nominee would be working at the University.
- Recommendations for senior researchers must validate that the nominee has strong association with the host group at this University as proved by recent co-authored publications or grants with that group.
- Recommendations for senior researchers who have earlier received support from the Gledden Trust or other University funds are eligible for a subsequent fellowship only if the likely outcomes are judged by the Gledden Visiting Fellowships Committee to be of significant institutional benefit.
- 14 days-90 days
- The amount of the payments and any other terms and conditions of a fellowship are determined by the Gledden Visiting Fellowships committee and in each case are subject to a written agreement between the Fellow and the University.
- Senior Visiting Fellowships provide a round trip economy airfare and approximately AUD$1500 per week including of accommodation and a modest living allowance for up to a maximum of 90 days.
- Funding is not
provided for accompanying family.
Terms and conditions
- Agree to quote university and acknowledge the Fellowship in publications resulting from this award;
- Acknowledge that any IP resulting in commercialization from this association will be discussed at an proper time following UWA Guidelines;
- Agree to provide a final report and take part in periodic surveys by the Institute of Advanced Studies requesting follow-up information on research outcomes that have resulted from the Fellowship;
- Deliver a public lecture or master class for the Institute of Advanced Studies;
- Provide a letter from their home institution, allowing leave and directing that the Fellow will return to the home institution at the completion of the visit.
- Applications to be emailed to the Institute of Advanced Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org .
|Organization||University of Western Australia|
|Fellowship Level||Visiting fellowship|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for International applicants|
Director, Institute of Advanced Studies