Deadline: 4 February 2018
The work will involve human placenta processing to isolate and characterize cells of interest. The candidate will be responsible for general lab housekeeping, maintaining clear lab records and other administrative tasks. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn about and develop skills using a number of modern technologies including multi-parameter flow cytometry and confocal microscopy. The candidate will help out with other projects where necessary.
Candidates should be highly motivated, conscientious, able to work independently and on own initiative. Good organizational, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential. You are highly encouraged to participate in scientific discussions and data analysis. Other general duties are outlined in the Further Information document.
- The candidate must be willing to work with human tissue samples.
- The candidate must be able to work flexible hours as clinical samples require.
- An Honors degree in Life Sciences, biology, biochemistry or other bio-medical sciences related field.
- Committed and motivated.
- Experience with literature research, designing planning and carrying out experiments and data analysis.
- Able to work with and communicate effectively with others.
- Able to plan tasks independently.
- Experience with cell biology and tissue culture.
- Good organization skills.
Applicants should submit a brief cover letter, full CV and contact details of two professional referees.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3 years in the first instance.
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a health assessment.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below. This will route you to the University’s Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
General enquiries regarding this position should be directed to Irene Piper, firstname.lastname@example.org 01223 333940.
Please quote reference PK13769 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.