Deadline: 31 January 2018
University Grants Commission (UGC) is offering Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses to SC/ST Candidates. The scheme has been introduced keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide them opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
Number of scholarships: 1000 SC/ST candidates
Duration of award: two/three years depending upon tenure of the postgraduate course.
- Applicant must hold Graduate degree in the relevant subject and obtained admission at Postgraduate level for regular full time course in any of the Professional subject in a recognized University/Institution/College.
- Applicants pursuing post graduate course in professional subjects by correspondence or by Distance Education mode are NOT eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
- Applicant must not exceed 45 years (for male) as on 1st July on the year of application, and 50 years (for female) candidates.
- Scholarship: Rs.7,800/- per month (ME/M.Tech); Rs.4,700/- per month for other courses.
- Contingency A: Rs.15,000/- per annum(ME/M.Tech); Rs.10,000/- per annum for other courses.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Subject areas||Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 January 2018|