Deadline: 13 February 2018
Confucius China Studies Program offers Sino-foreign cooperative PhD program, Joint Research PhD Fellowship to support PhD students registered with foreign (overseas) universities to come to China for study, research and writing of their doctoral dissertations.
Tenure: 6 months- 2 years
- Applicant must be Non-Chinese citizen
- Applicant must hold HSK test score level 3 and applicants with higher level of proficiency in Chinese under same conditions will be preferred;
- Applicants who are currently participating in Chinese Government Scholarship are not eligible to apply for this Program.
- Doctoral Study Certificate;
- 2 letters of recommendation from scholars in related field;
- HSK transcript;
- Abstract of master’s thesis or other academic publications;
- Abstract of PhD dissertation;
- A research plan for the study in China;
- Priority is given to applicants who obtain a letter of recommendation from local Confucius Institutes.
How to apply
- Apply online and then post the application form and other supporting documents to the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
- Accommodation and living stipend: 80,000 RMB/year
- Research fund: 20,000 RMB/year
- Round-trip international airfare
- Tuition fees
- Expenses for the foreign supervisor’s visit or research in China
- Expenses for life and medical insurances in China
- Group activities and cultural experience
|Organization||Confucius China Studies Program|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Stipend: 80,000 RMB/year|
|Eligibility||Open to Non-Chinese nationals|
|Deadline||registration deadline February 13, 2018|