Deadline: 16 January 2018
Tenured academic staff, Human Resource Management – 2017ZAPFTEWEX299
The Faculty of Applied Economics is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy in the Department of Management:
Tenured academic staff (ZAP) in the area of Human Resource Management
- Your teaching assignment consists of 24 ECTS, including the supervision of master’s theses. This assignment will be in the domain of Human Resource Management in the different academic programs of the Faculty of Applied Economics, as well as in the programs of other faculties and institutes (e.g., the Faculty of Social Sciences and the Antwerp Management School).
- You supervise bachelor’s and master’s theses within the Faculty of Applied Economics.
- You expand and conduct scientific research in the area of Human Resource Management:
- you acquire and manage (external) research funds (national and international);
- you establish and execute research projects;
- you supervise PhD students;
- you publish articles in high ranked international academic journals.
- You offer scientific and extracurricular services within the relevant study programs, the department, the university and the broader cultural field, paying particular attention to scientific communication.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctoral degree (PhD) in Applied Economics, Sociology (social sciences), Psychology or in a related domain.
- You have several years of postdoctoral (or equivalent) experience.
- You have proven experience as a researcher in the domain of Human Resource Management and you can substantiate this by: (1) peer-reviewed publications in national and international scientific journals and books; (2) participation in scientific conferences (presentation and/or organization) and; (3) contribution to externally funded research projects (national, European, public and/or private).
- Your methodological competencies contribute to the research and educational aims of the department and the Faculty of Applied Economics.
- You have educational experience in the broad domain of Human Resource Management at the bachelor’s and/or the master’s level.
- You are experienced in teaching to large numbers of students (at bachelor’s and master’s level) and in supervising bachelor’s/master’s theses.
- Your teaching focus fits with the university’s vision on education.
- Your research qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills or the potential to develop them.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You command the Dutch language at B2 level (ERK) or are prepared to learn the Dutch language as the administrative language within the statutory term. The University of Antwerp provides the necessary support. In principle the language of instruction of the bachelor courses is Dutch.
- an appointment as a lecturer or higher, depending on your academic qualifications and work experience;
- A position as a lecturer with a temporary appointment (“tenure track”) for a fixed term of five years will lead to a permanent appointment if your performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously set and announced evaluation criteria.
- A position as a senior lecturer or higher will lead to a permanent appointment after three years if your performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously set and announced evaluation criteria.
- the date of appointment will be on 1 October 2018;
- a gross monthly salary ranging for a lecturer from € 4.171,55 – € 6.149,03 and for a senior lecturer from € 4.776,98 – € 7.504,57;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date of 16 January 2018.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. dr. Koen Vandenbempt, chairman of the Department of Management of the Faculty of Applied Economics (email@example.com).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.