Deadline: 25 Jan 2018
Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in production
KTH is one of Europe’s leading technical universities and an important arena for knowledge. As Sweden’s largest universities for research and education, we gather students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and training include both science that all branches of engineering as well as architecture, industrial economics, urban planning, engineering history and philosophy.
Mechanical Engineering with specialization in production.
The subject includes subtopics as manufacturing, production rates, production, industrial automation and production systems, and includes knowledge of ergonomics, social and technical aspects and safety.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and actively participate in the educational development of the institution.
As a teacher, you have full responsibility for your courses. In addition to teaching, it means developing courses and teaching with regard to new scientific research and appropriate for industrial development. It also includes examination, evaluation and accountability to the course objectives are consistent with the educational goals and to actively cooperate with teaching colleagues in the courses and programs you teach in. You have a responsibility for quality of the courses you teach.
To qualify as a lecturer if he has
- graduated from undergraduate education in the subject area of the position or equivalent qualification,
- professional skills that are of relevance to the subject matter and the duties that the position will involve, and
- pedagogical experience
The disciplinary and teaching skills should be well documented and relevant to employment content.
It is of utmost importance that the applicant has:
- documented teaching skill. The assessment of teaching skills should also refer to the person’s ability to develop as a teacher in the long term.
- documented subject-related skills relevant to employment content
- proven skills relevant to employment content
- professional experience outside the university, including at least four years in a qualified position related to the subject area
- ability to teach in Swedish
- communication skills, structured work, the quality conscious independent and have good interpersonal skills
It is the second highest importance that the applicant has:
- administrative skills
- on development skill in the art
It is also important that the applicant has
- industry experience in industries other than the engineering process as bio / pharmaceutical production and food industry.
- ability to develop and lead activities and staff, as well as interpersonal skills. This includes being aware of diversity and equality issues with particular focus on gender equality.
- formal university teaching
- ability to interact with the community
- experience in research studies
You’ll find contact information for union representatives on KTH’s website .
You as the applicant has the primary responsibility for the application is complete on the basis of the ad. Applications must be received at the last deadline at midnight, CET / CEST (Central European Time / Central European Summer Time).
You apply via the KTH recruitment system.
For more information about KTH’s assessment, see Appointments procedure for teachers at the Royal. Institute of Technology
We decline any contact with the staffing and recruitment, as well as selling additional job ads.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Number of positions||1|
|employment rate||100 %|