Deadline: 31 January 2018
IMPIT Scholarships: Full Tuition fee waiver: IMPIT Scholarships: Full Tuition fee waiver
Full or partial tuition fee waiver scholarships for international students are being given by
the University of Eastern Finland.
The scholarship is being provided for Master’s Degree Program in Information Technology (IMPIT). It offers an international Master’s degree in IT at European standard. The degree is for two years.
The aim of the scholarship is that most students when they graduate are employed by a Finnish ICT company.
Located in Finland, The University of Eastern Finland is a university with 3 campuses in Joensuu, Kuopio, and Savonlinna. The University was formed in 2010 by a merger of 2 previously independent universities.
Number of Scholarships: Waiver is given to 80% of those accepted students who are required to pay the tuition.
Nationality: International students (except EU/EEA) can apply
Scholarship Location: Finland
Level of study: Master’s degree program
Subject Area: Information Technology (IMPIT)
Scholarship Award: Either 100% or 80% of annual tuition fee
- The applicants who are required to pay the tuition fee are eligible to apply
- The applicant should have BSc. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications Engineering or equivalent degree corresponding at least 3 years of full-time higher education academic studies.
- The applicant should have proficiency in English which should be proved through scores as follows: TOEFL PBT/iBT: 580/90, IELTS overall 6.5, PTE: 59
- The proficiency certificates like TOEFL, IELTS and PTE certificates should be valid for 2 years from the day they are issued and they have to be valid throughout the entire application period.
- The applicant should make sure that the admission requirements are fulfilled as per the requirement of the university.
Documents required: Each application must include the following documents:
- The applicant should make available official transcript of university records from the home university in English, or an officially certified translation of it.
- A certified copy of BSc. diploma or equivalent (OR a statement of expected graduation, if the BSc degree has not been completed yet, OR a provisional BSc certificate)
- A motivation letter
- The applicant must include an introductory video file and upload into a video-streaming service such as youtube/vimeo/tudou.
- The link (URL) to the video should be included into the application form.
- The maximum duration of the video is 2 minutes.
- The introduction, educational background and possible merits of the applicant should be included in the video.
- The video must be reachable from 31.1.2018 to 31.3.2018.
- The applicant must provide a letter of recommendation from a local academic authority, preferably known to the UEF
- Generally recognized English language certificate mailed directly from the test administrator (in case of IELTS, also a copy of the result sheet is accepted) OR a certificate stating language skills, if one of the specific conditions for language skills is fulfilled (mentioned at the bottom of this page)
- Documents of identification such as Passport copy or other documents of identification
- Optionally, an example of a link to own individual work in English (research paper, report, essay, art, literature review, documented software, and similar).
- This should be translated into English or Finnish.
How to Apply:
- The application form should be filled in an online application system and the required documents should be attached.
- The applicant should send all the required documents to IMPIT program, University of Eastern Finland, Admissions Office.
Applications Deadline: January 31st, 2018
|Organization||University of Eastern Finland|
|Fellowship Level||Masters degree program|
|Subject Areas||Information Technology|
|Fellowship Amount||Full and partial tuition fee waiver|
|Eligibility||Open for non EU/EEA students|
|Deadline||31st January 2018|