Deadline: 29 January 2018
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor.
- SCHOOL OF ARTS & AESTHETICS (SAA)
- SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES (SES)
- SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES (SPS)
- SCHOOL OF COMPUTATIONAL & INTEGRATIVE SCIENCES (SC&IS)
- SCHOOL OF COMPUTER & SYSTEMS SCIENCES (SC&SS)
- SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES (SLS)
- SCHOOL OF SANSKRIT AND INDIC STUDIES (SSIS)
- CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF LAW & GOVERNANCE (CS&LG)
- SPECIAL CENTRE FOR MOLECULAR MEDICINE (SCMM)
- SPECIAL CENTRE FOR NANO-SCIENCES (SCNS)
- SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES (SIS)
- ENERGY STUDIES PROGRAMM (ESP)
- CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL POLITICS, ORGANIZATION AND DISARMAMENT (CIPOD)
- CENTRE FOR COMPARATIVE POLITICS & POLITICAL THEORY (CCP&PT)
- CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL LEGAL STUDIES (CILS)
- CENTRE FOR INDO-PACIFIC STUDIES (CIPS)
- SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (SSS)
- CENTRE FOR HISTORICAL STUDIES (CHS)
- CENTRE FOR POLITICAL STUDIES (CPS)
- CENTRE FOR WOMEN’S STUDIES (CWS)
- ZAKIR HUSAIN CENTRE FOR EDUCATIONAL STUDIES (ZHCES)
- CENTRE FOR STUDIES IN SCIENCE POLICY (CSSP)
- CENTRE FOR ECONOMIC STUDIES AND PLANNING (CESP)
- CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CSRD)
- CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF SOCIAL SYSTEMS (CSSS)
- CENTRE FOR PHILOSOPHY (CP)
- CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF DISCRIMINATION & EXCLUSION (CSDE)
- GROUP OF ADULT EDUCATION (GAE)
- SCHOOL OF LANGUAGE, LITERATURE AND CULTURE STUDIES (SLL&CS)
- Candidates with good academic record, teaching/research experience and working in related areas of research are encouraged to apply.
- University also solicits applications from candidates with research interests that are interdisciplinary.
Salary: Rs. 37400-67000 (PB-4) AGP Rs. 10000
Number of Positions: 24
- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications books and/or research/policy papers
- A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level
Salary: Rs. 37400-67000 (PB-4) AGP Rs. 9000
Number of Positions: 27
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
Salary: Rs. 15600-39100 (PB-3) AGP Rs. 6000
Number of Positions: 39
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
|Organization||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Computer & Systems Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Arts & Aesthetics, Physical Sciences, Nano Sciences, Molecular Medicine, Law & Governance, Intellectual Property, Language, Literature and Culture Studies, International Studies, Social Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Varies as per post|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||29 January 2018|