Deadline: 1 February 2018
TU Darmstadt invites applications for a PhD position in the group of Dr. Alexandre Obertelli at the Institute of Nuclear Physics (IKP). The position can be filled as soon as possible.
About the project:
- A PhD position is opened for the PUMA project. PUMA is a starting project (01/2018) funded by the European Research Council with the objective of probing the nuclear density tail of short-lived nuclei by use of trapped antiprotons.
- The project will be held at CERN eventually. The first part of PUMA consists of designing a penning trap and the corresponding detection system.
- Applicant must hold Master degree in physics or engineering
- The selected candidate will have opportunity of working in an international environment, with significant components of hardware developments, numeric and theory.
- Applicant must be motivated by technical developments and must have knowledge of C++
- Applicant must possess English proficiency.
- Applicant must have knowledge in low-energy nuclear physics and experience with simulations.
- Applications to be sent via email to email@example.com with the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation
- Contact for references
Note: applications received by last date will get full considerations and received afterwards will only be considered if the position is not filled.
|Subject areas||Physics, Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1st February 2018|