Research awards (Postdoctoral)
Deadline: 31 January 2018
EDGE fellowships are for postdoctoral candidates keen to relocate to Ireland, establish a more permanent base here or return after working overseas. Applications are invited from candidates who have had career breaks and are looking to return to a research-based career and from candidates who have had a non-traditional career path including those who have built up research experience but who may not have a PhD.
Duration: 24 months.
Fellowship Award Levels: Three levels
- Level 1 Research Fellow: Candidates with less than 4 years’ post-PhD (or equivalent) experience.
- Level 2 Research Fellow: Candidates with 4 or more years’ post-PhD (or equivalent) experience.
- Level 3 Research Fellow: Candidates with 6 or more years’ post-PhD (or equivalent) experience.
- Future Networks & Communications
- Digital Content & Media Technologies
- Advanced Materials & BioEngineering
- Applicants can be of any nationality
- Applicants must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Applicants, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Ireland for more than a year in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date (April 3rd 2017- First Call.
- Applicants must be experienced Researchers as per the MS-Curie Actions, must hold doctoral degree or, if the applicant has does not have a doctoral degree, must have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience (Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would allow them to pursue a PhD)
- for a Level 1 fellowship: have less than 4 years’ additional postdoctoral research experience to be eligible
- for a Level 2 fellowship: have 4 or more years’ additional postdoctoral research experience to be eligible
- for a Level 3 fellowship: have 6 or more years’ additional postdoctoral research experience to be eligible
- The additional postdoc experience is full time, measured from the date that the PhD was secured through successful defense, or from when the 4 year full time equivalence was obtained.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND Action|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards (Postdoctoral)|
|Subject areas||Natural Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31st January 2018|