Summer Scholarship Program
Deadline: 14 February 2018
Japan Two Weeks Summer Scholarship Program: Japan Two Weeks Summer Scholarship Program
The Okayama University is a top-class national university in Japan. It has over 140 years of history. There are 11 faculties, 7 graduate schools, and various programs.
The Okayama University in Japan is organizing a 2 weeks Summer Scholarship Program for International Students.
The scholarship aims to provide the applicants with an opportunity to learn about the Setouchi region and to advance the SDGs with a clear picture of Setouchi’s past, present and future through a lecture series, concerning topics such as the revitalization of mountain villages, tourism in a small island, community involvement in the historical town, Kurashiki, the Setouchi Art Festival, and its influence on local people’s lifestyles.
Scholarship Duration: July 1st, 2018 to July 14th, 2018.
Scholarship Provider: Okayama University, Japan.
Subject Area: Scholarship is awarded in “SETOUCHI – Its Natural Environment and Society” Advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The students who are applying from one of the partner institutions and have an academic record of good standing are encouraged to apply and would be awarded 80,000 JPY.
- The official transcript from the partner institutions submitted with students’ applications for the Summer Program will be referred to when consideration is given to which students satisfy the criteria for the scholarship. The award decision will be made on June 1st, 2018 (Friday).
- IMPORTANT: Travel Insurance Requirements: All participants are required to arrange travel insurance in their home countries before departing to Japan.
- Students, who arrive at Okayama University without proper insurance, are required to purchase Okayama university co-op insurance before attending the summer program. (Approximately 5,000 JPY for premium and 4,000JPY for membership deposit. Cash only).
Nationality: open for students of any nationality.
The candidates should be fluent in English Language. The following scores must be submitted as a proof of the same.
- TOEFL iBT 61 or above
- IELTS 5.5 with an equivalent mark of the CEFR B2 level or above
- Other English test scores which can be considered as equivalent to the CEFR(Common European Framework of Reference) for Languages
- B2 level or above
* If anyone has any questions regarding this English proficiency requirement, they should contact the program coordinator
How to apply: Apply Online
- For any queries, please contact the following person:
Contact : Mike Kitatsugi (NTA Business Support)
Nippon Travel Agency Co., Ltd
Okayama Branch, Chu-shikoku Convention Group
2-1-7, Ekimae-cho, Kita-ku, Okayama, 700-0023 Japan
Direct : +81-90-8129-7623 FAX : +81-6-4796-3737
- For any queries regarding academic matters:
Summer Program Office
Mariko Uzuka, professor
Center for Global Partnerships and Education,
- First deadline: February 14, 2018 (Wednesday)
- Second deadline: March 7, 2018 (Wednesday)
|Fellowship Level||Summer Scholarship Program|
|Subject Areas||“SETOUCHI – Its Natural Environment and Society”|
|Fellowship Amount||Illustrated above|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||14th February and 7th March 2018|