Study in:China, Germany
Deadline: 22 February 2018
Peking – Freie University Joint Post-Doc Fellowship Program: Peking University (China) & Freie Universität Berlin (Germany) Joint Post-Doc Fellowship Program: Ist Call for Applications (2018-2019)
In the framework of this partnership, Peking University & Freie Universität Berlin establish a Joint Postdoc Fellowship Program.
No. of Fellowships: Annually, two (02) Postdoc Fellowships will be offered for highly qualified
Research Areas: For the first call for proposals, applications are invited in the following fields:
Data Science & Applied Mathematics
Duration: Each fellowship is for 24 months, starting on October 1, 2018, consisting of two phases:
- Phase 1:12 months of research at Freie Universität Berlin
- Phase 2:12 months of research at Peking University (or vice versa)
The Fellowship applicants must identify and secure the endorsement of two tenured faculty members, one at each university, who will serve as host supervisors.
A. 12 months stay at FUB:
- A monthly stipend of 2,000 Euro and a one-time relocation allowance of 2,000 Euro.
- The fellows will further be eligible to apply for additional travel funding and have access to the Researcher
Development Program of the Dahlem Research School at FUB.
B. For the 12 month stay at PKU:
- A monthly stipend of 15,000 RMB.
- The fellows can receive an additional 3,500 RMB per month for self-organized accommodation or choose to live in a PKU guesthouse.
- The fellows will further be eligible to apply for travel funding
- Access to China’s Postdoctoral Funds or other national research funds upon registration
Eligibility and Evaluation Conditions:
- The Fellowship is open for researchers of all nationalities
- Hold Ph.D. for no more than three (03) years prior to the deadline of this call.
- Candidates who acquired their Ph.D. prior to that date may also apply if there was an eligible lapse in their research activity (e.g. family responsibilities).
- The program is open to both internal and external candidates. Applicants holding a tenure or tenure-track faculty position are not eligible.
Application Deadline: February 22, 2018
Documents Required – Applications must include:
- Research proposal and time plan (max. 10 pages in total including all references/figures/tables).
- Concise Curriculum Vitae with a list of principal publications (max. 4 pages in total).
- Two recommendation letters (including one from the applicant’s doctoral supervisor) – can be sent directly to the below coordinators if the referees prefer.
- Two explicit endorsement letters by the potential host supervisors at Freie Universität Berlin and Peking University, including detailed reference to the added value for the research project, the benefits stemming from their joint supervision, and a clear statement of commitment regarding the physical and intellectual research environment that the supervisors will provide to the fellow.
- An example of written work (max. 25 pages).
Application Procedure: The complete application (in pdf format, one file) should be submitted simultaneously by email to:
Fan Deshang, Postdoctoral Affairs Office, Peking University
Judith Winkler, Center for International Cooperation, Freie Universität Berlin
|Organization||Peking – Freie UniversityPeking University & Freie Universität Berlin|
|Subject areas||Data Science & Applied Mathematics|
|Fellowship amount||2,000 Euro + Additional grants|
|Deadline||February 22, 2018|