Deadline: 28 February 2018
PhD Scholarship in Islamic & Middle Eastern Studies at Edinburgh in UK, 2018-2019: The Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Edinburgh is currently accepting applications for PhD Scholarship in Islamic & Middle Eastern Studies. The award is open to the UK, EU and overseas students commencing a PhD degree in the academic year 2018-2019.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities.
University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the University, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test center.
- Applications Deadline: February 28, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Islamic & Middle Eastern Studies at Edinburgh.
- Scholarship Award: The award will cover:
- The UK/EU rate of tuition fee
- A successful non-EU/overseas applicant will be liable for the difference between the UK/EU and overseas tuition fee rate each year.
- Subject to satisfactory progress, the scholarship will be awarded for a maximum of three years.
- Nationality: UK, EU, and overseas students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: UK, EU, and overseas students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: The award is open to the UK, EU and overseas students commencing a PhD degree PhD the academic year 2018-2019.
Only applications to year one of a PhD programme of study will be considered.
Among the areas of supervision we cover are:
- Shiism, Safavids, pre-modern Islamic and Iranian history, history of Islamic science.
- Qur’an, Quranic exegesis, Hadith, the Life of Muhammad, early Islam (7th – 9th Centuries).
- Middle Eastern Cinemas; cinematic representations of gender and religious themes; Persian literature
- Modern history of the Middle East and especially Egypt; Cosmopolitan societies: Greeks of the Middle East
- Gender and sexuality in the MENA region, contemporary Arab media
English Language Requirements: University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the University, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test centre.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via e-mail.