Deadline: 31 March 2018
The Harvard South Asia Institute is announces the Raghunathan Family Fellowship (formerly known as South Asian Studies Fellowship) to support recent PhDs in the humanities and social sciences related to South Asia.
- South Asian history
- Contemporary South Asia
- Applicant must be able to provide evidence of successful completion of their PhD by June of the year of appointment
- Applicant must have received PhD not more than five years beyond.
- Scholars who have not had past opportunities to access Harvard’s resources and who have primarily been educated at institutions in South Asia will be given preference.
- Selected fellows are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity during the time of their award and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute.
- Participation includes contributing to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring, or advising students.
- $40,000/ year
- Health insurance: up to $5,000
- Round trip economy travel expenses to from South Asia to Boston
- Fill up the Online Application Form.
- Upload the SAI Fellowship Cover Sheet to the Online Application Form.
- Upload research plan (5 page; double spaced).
- CV describing lists of academic degrees, disciplines, dates the degrees were received, your publications, and research presentations, and previous grants and fellowships.
- A writing sample (one dissertation chapter)
- 2 letters of reference to be emailed directly to Diana Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Humanities|
|Fellowship amount||$40,000/ year|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 31, 2018|
More information about the fellowship