Study in:Host Institution
Deadline: 22 February 2018
The European Space Agency (ESA) is inviting postdoctoral researchers to participate in the call for Research Proposals of the Living Planet Fellowship 2018.
The main objective of this initiative is to support young researchers who have a doctoral degree and who would like to initiate a scientific career in the context of Earth Observation and Earth system science.
The European Space Agency is an intergovernmental organisation of 22 member states dedicated to the exploration of space.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Application deadline: February 22, 2018
Course Level: Fellowships are available to carry out a research project at a Host Institution in an eligible ESA Member State.
Study Subject: Candidate researchers shall submit research proposals responding to one of following Research Areas: Advancing Novel Methods and Techniques and Advancing Earth System Science.
Scholarship Award: With this call, ESA plans to support up to 10 Post-Doctoral researchers (supported by ESA with a ceiling price of 99KEuro per 2-years under a co-funding scheme) to carry out a research project at a Host Institution in an eligible ESA Member State.
Number of Scholarships: There are 10 fellowships available.
Scholarship can be taken in Host Institution (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Slovenia and Canada)
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Call for Research Proposals Package: The Call for Research Proposals package includes the following documents:
- Call for Research Proposals
- Annex A: Proposal Template
- Annex B: PSS form
- Annex C: Draft Partnership Agreement
- The documentation (Call for Research Proposals package) can be downloaded here
Host Institution Country Eligibility: Projects will be funded under the 5th period of ESA’s Earth Observation Envelope Programme (EOEP-5). EOEP-5 is an optional programme of the Agency, and participation is restricted to institutions which have their registered office in one of the following Participating States: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Slovenia and Canada.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Additional Documentation Required
- A letter from the Host Institution supporting the candidate, the project proposal and
- A statement from the Host Institutionaccepting the conditions without reservations the Draft Partnership Agreement (ANNEX C of the present call).
- A letter of support from institution hosting the candidate as a visiting scientist (where relevant)
- 2 Additional letters of support from key experts and scientist in the field relevant to this proposal supporting the proposed work.
- CV of the Candidate including his research experience in the specific area of interest for this proposal and the list of publications.
- Details of the financial proposal in PSS form (see ANNEX B).
How to Apply:
Applicant’s proposal and all supporting documents must be sent by e-mail.