Deadline: 27 February 2018
Fully-funded PhD Positions: MPI for Biogeochemistry: The Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Biogeochemistry in association with the Friedrich Schiller University (IMPRS-gBGC) is offering a PhD program specializing in global biogeochemistry and related Earth System sciences.
- Improved understanding of biogeochemical processes with an emphasis on terrestrial ecosystems
- Development of observational techniques to monitor and assess biogeochemical feedbacks in the earth system
- Theory and model development for improving the representation of biogeochemical processes in comprehensive earth system models
Duration: 3 years, fulltime position
Starting date: flexible
Value: PhD researchers with a Master’s or Diploma degree receive either a scholarship which is free of tax and social insurance or a support contract.
- Applications are invited from well-motivated and highly-qualified students from all countries.
- Applicants must hold (or are about to receive) M.Sc. or equivalent degree in natural sciences.
- Applicants must possess proficiency in English since English is the official language of the program.
How to apply:
- Apply online
- Pre-interviews via web conference and will be invited to take part in our recruitment symposium (April 23-24, 2018).
|Organization||Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Biogeochemistry|
|Subject areas||Microbiology & Ecology, Earth Sciences and Climate Research, Natural Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 27, 2018|