Study in:USA and Japan
Deadline: 15 February 2018
Applicants are invited to apply for Toshizo Watanabe Study Abroad Scholarship funded by U.S.-Japan Council. These scholarships are available for undergraduates/graduate students from USA and Japan.
The aim of the scholarships is to provide development future leaders who can contribute to the U.S.-Japan relationship from a variety of fields/ sectors.
The U.S.-Japan Council is a non-profit educational organization fully dedicated to strengthening ties between the United States and Japan in a global context.
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
- Course Level: These scholarships are available for undergraduates/graduate students.
- Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover $25,000 for one year.
- Nationality: U.S. or Japanese
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in USA and Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: USA and Japan
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Currently in good academic standing at an accredited college or university in either the United States or Japan
- Has applied, been accepted or plans to apply to a college/university or approved academic center outside of their home country as part of a credit-bearing course of study
- Demonstrates financial need for international study (i.e. Without financial assistance or support, would not be able to study abroad)
- (Preferred) Applicants who have been raised by a single parent or who have lost both parents
- (Preferred) Applicants without significant international travel or study experience
- (Priority) The priority for the scholarship is undergraduates who are studying abroad for a year or less. Graduate students and international degree-seeking students may also apply, however, the maximum amount of an award is $25,000 for one year.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
- All students must complete an online-application using the scholarship portal.
How to Apply:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement Essay
- Letter of Recommendation
- Study Abroad Advisor Certification Letter (template will be provided)
- Financial Aid Certification Letter (template will be provided)
- Academic Transcript