Deadline: 28 February 2018
Harish-Chandra Research Institute runs a Visiting Students Program (VSP) in Physics. Selected students will get exposure in the field of physics under the supervision of a faculty member or a postdoctoral fellow. After finishing the project the students are expected to present a seminar on their work.
Duration: Visiting Students are expected to stay here for a period of at least 4 weeks during any time of the year which is mutually convenient.
- Applicant must be student of M.Sc., B.Tech or final year B.Sc programmes.
Selection Criteria at Harish-Chandra Research Institute:
The selection is based on:
- academic record
- Letters of recommendation.
- Availability of a faculty member to guide the student during the proposed period
- The selected students will be paid to and fro (II class sleeper) rail fare, accommodation on campus, and a stipend to cover local expenses.
- Applicants must mention if they are eligible for KVPY, INSPIRE, Academies or any other similar fellowships.
- If the applicant is selected and is a recipient of any fellowship, HRI will not cover any expense that the fellowship covers. This will, however, not have any bearing on their selection for the VSP.
|Period of Visit||Period of Application|
|January – April||July 1 – October 31|
|May – August||November 1 – February 28/29|
|September – December||March 1 – June 30|
|Organization||Harish-Chandra Research Institute|
|Fellowship Level||Visiting fellowship|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||approaching deadline February 28/29|