Deadline: 18 February 2018
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is currently accepting applications for John Stephenson MSc Scholarship to pursue MSc program for the academic year 2018-2019. Nationals of low to middle-income countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
It is intended to support an excellent candidate who would be unable to take up a place of study without this financial support.
London School’s mission is to be a world-leading school of public and global health, working closely with partners in the UK and worldwide to address contemporary and future critical health challenges.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading center for research and postgraduate education in public and global health.
- Application Deadline: February 18, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue MSc programme.
- Study Subject: This scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine in 2018-19.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover
- 2018-19 tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP16,750.00, and
- An MSc summer project allowance of GBP 2,000.00.
- Nationality: Nationals of low to middle-income countries
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Nationals of low to middle-income countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must
- Be nationals of, and resident in, low to middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank); and
- Intend to return to a low to middle-income country on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- Confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study; and
- Meet the School’s minimum English language requirements (as required by the School’s Admissions system); and
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- Hold an offer of admission for 2018-19 from the School for one of the eligible MSc programmes of study (please see application notes below for eligible courses).
English Language Requirements: Students must meet the School’s minimum English language requirements (as required by the School’s Admissions system).
How to Apply: Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
Step 1: Submit an application for 2018-19 for an eligible MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary admissions documents (including references) are submitted via the School’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option 2018-19 Scholarships (Andrée Carter & John Stephenson) from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references, transcripts, and a CV as part of their application for study).
If you encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the online application system please contact LSHTM IT by email, providing them with your full name; the scholarship that you are applying for; and the issue that you have encountered. Please attach a screenshot of the difficulty.