bachelor’s & master’s
Deadline: 31 March 2018
Taiwan Scholarship Program is open to outstanding Thai student for 2018. Scholarships provide students with an opportunity to undertake bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctorate studies.
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Thailand drew up 2018 Taiwan Scholarship Program Directions for Thai Students, in accordance with the provisions of the MOE Taiwan Scholarship Program Directions Amended Version in effect on December 9, 2015.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for undertaking a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctorate studies in Taiwan.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Tuition and miscellaneous expenses (i.e. the course-credit fees, and miscellaneous basic study-related fees): The MOE will pay up to NTD 40,000 each semester for each recipient’s approved tuition and miscellaneous expenses. If these exceed a total amount of NTD40,000, the remaining amount must be paid to the university/college by the student. The “miscellaneous expenses” do not include any of the following: administration fees, thesis supervision fees, insurance premiums, accommodation, or internet access. These are all the responsibility of the scholarship recipient.
- Living allowance: The MOE provides each recipient undertaking university undergraduate studies with a monthly stipend of NTD15,000; it provides each recipient undertaking a master’s degree or doctorate studies a monthly stipend of NTD20,000.
Number of Scholarships: Fifteen scholarships for Thai students have been allocated for 2018.
Scholarship can be taken in Taiwan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from Thailand are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be a Thai national with a secondary school graduation diploma or post-secondary degree(s), with an excellent academic record, and be of good moral character.
- A person in any of the following categories is ineligible to apply:
-An R.O.C. national or an overseas Chinese student.
-A person who already has and is continuing to maintain student status at any university/college in Taiwan or who have already registered to begin studies at such a university/college. This restriction does not apply to a student who will be graduating after completing a degree that year. They may apply for a Taiwan Scholarship to pursue a higher degree.
-A person who has already studied in Taiwan for a degree at the same level as the one in which they currently intend to enrol.
-An exchange student or dual/joint degree student who has been admitted to a university/college in Taiwan in accordance with an academic cooperation agreement between that university/college and an overseas university/college.
-A person who has already been a Taiwan Scholarship recipient for a total of five years.
-A person who has ever previously had their Taiwan Scholarship or MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship revoked.
-A person who has received any other scholarship or subsidy from any Taiwan Government institution (organization) or any educational institution in Taiwan.
- Applicants must apply directly to the university/college for admission within the application deadline. Each university/college sets its own application deadline.
English Language Requirements: For applicants plan to study in a program completely taught in English (go to http://www.studyintaiwan.org/event/sit85/index.html#/home for a complete list ), an original report of TOEFL test scores or other recognized English language proficiency exams must be submitted. TOEFL score 550 (CBT 213 or IBT 79) Test Score report or IELTS 6.0, TOEIC 750 or above English test scores.
Applicants must submit the following documents by March 31, 2018
- 2018 Taiwan Scholarship Application Form for Thai Students.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport and household registration.
- A photocopy of the highest academic award and of the associated original academic transcripts. Documents in a language other than Chinese or English must be translated into Chinese or English.
- Photocopies of documentary evidence that the applicant has already applied to a university/college in Taiwan (for example, photocopies of the application fee remittance, the application form, and a notice or email from the university/college acknowledging receipt of the application.)
- One of the following language proficiency certificates:
- For applications to undertake a program not completely taught in English: a copy of results or certificate for the “Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language” (TOCFL, please refer to http://www.sc-top.org.tw/) Level 4 or above. HSK Score will not be accepted.
- For applicants planning to study in a program completely taught in English, an original report of TOEFL test scores or other recognized English language proficiency exams must be submitted. TOEFL score 550 (CBT 213 or IBT 79) Test Score report or IELTS 6.0, TOEIC 750 or above English test scores.
- Two reference letters – from a principal, a college or university president, professors, and/or supervisors – personally signed, and placed in sealed envelopes. Photocopies and email submissions of letters of recommendation will not be considered.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send the required documents by certified mail or turn in personally.