Deadline: 6 March 2018
The Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University announces the opening of Arvind Raghunathan and Sribala Subramanian South Asia Visiting Fellowship (formerly known as South Asian Studies Fellowship). The fellowship supports the recent PhDs in the humanities and social sciences related to South Asia. Research topics can cover any period of South Asian history or contemporary South Asia.
- Applicants must be able to provide evidence of successful completion of their PhD by June of the year of appointment, and must have received their PhD within the past five years.
- Applicants who have not had past opportunities to access Harvard’s resources and who have primarily been educated at institutions in South Asia will be prioritized.
- Selected fellows are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity during the academic year of their award and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute.
- $40,000 (for one academic year)
- Health insurance: up to $5,000
- Round trip economy travel expenses
- Apply online by filling up the application Form
- Upload the SAI Fellowship Cover Sheet to the Online Application Form.
- Upload research plan (five-page)
- Upload CV which lists the academic degrees (including disciplines and the dates the degrees were received), publications and research presentations, and any previous grants and/or fellowships.
- Writing sample
- 2 letters of recommendation to be emailed directly by recommenders to Jee Soo Kang, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com quoting SAI South Asia Visiting Fellowships Recommendation and the applicant’s name in the subject line.
|Organization||Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University|
|Fellowship Level||Visiting fellowship|
|Subject areas||Humanities, Social Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to South Asians|
|Deadline||March 6, 2018|