Deadline: 31 March 2018
CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship PhD Program: Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) works for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 200 students/scholars from applicants all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to four years
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Program provides students/scholars that are non-Chinese citizens an opportunity to pursue PhD degrees at the University of China.
Involved University are:
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS),
- University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or
- Institutes of CAS around China.
- Fellowship awardees will receive a monthly stipend of RMB 7,000 or RMB 8,000 from CAS through UCAS/USTC, depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by UCAS/USTC for all doctoral candidates after admission.
- All awardees will also be provided tuition and application fee waivers.
The funding duration of the fellowship is up to 4 years, divided into:
- Maximum 1 year study of courses and participation in centralized training at UCAS/USTC, including 4 months compulsory courses in Chinese Language and Chinese Culture;
- Practical research and completion of degree thesis at colleges and schools of UCAS/USTC or CAS institutes.
Requirements / General conditions:
Applicants must have the following requisites:
- Be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2017;
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Applicants for doctoral study should also:
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of UCAS/USTC
- Hold a master degree before the beginning of the fall semester: 1 September, 2017.
- Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
|Organization||Chinese Academy of Sciences|
|Subject areas||Sciences and Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||RMB 7,000 or RMB 8,000|
|Deadline||31 March 2018|