Deadline: 16 April 2018
The Government of Mauritius is inviting applications for Mauritius – Africa Scholarship Scheme for the year 2018. These scholarships are available to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries.
Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research mission is to provide Quality Education for all and a Human Resource Development base to transform Mauritius into an intelligent nation-state in the vanguard of global progress and innovation.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: April 16, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Further, the scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
- Nationality: Resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Mauritius
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries.
Entrance Requirements: The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria:
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have applied for a full-time on-campus programme at a public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8) for the academic year starting in 2018.
- The Scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The following documents are available for download from the Ministry’s website (http://ministryeducation.govmu.org):
- Guidelines for Applicants? This document contains important information regarding the conditions attached to the scholarship, the application procedure, and a list of public Tertiary Education Institutions in Mauritius where the applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies.
- Application Form? Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in. Section 5 of the application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant. Applications which are not made through the Nominating Agency of the respective countries will not be entertained.
Checklist of Documents to be submitted to Nominating Agency
- Completed Application Form
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate
- Certified copy of bio-data page of passport (if available)
- Certified copies of educational certificates
- Certified copies of transcripts
- Copy of letter of conditional offer by a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (if available at time of application) OR copy of acknowledgment notice from a Mauritian public HEI that the application for a seat has been made and the appropriate application fee has been paid; and
- Medical certificate to be duly filled and signed by a registered Medical Practitioner in Section 6 of the Application Form. This should be appropriately stamped.