Deadline: 30 April 2018
Visiting Fellowships at IEGS, University of Basel: The Institute for European Global Studies (IEGS) at the University of Basel (Switzerland) welcomes applications for Visiting Fellowships in the field of European Global Studies, special focus on the area “Contesting Sovereignty: Statehood, Governmentality, Assemblages”.
Duration: Three months
- Restructuring of sovereign power and government in Europe in its global contexts and relations.
- Sociological and anthropological approaches to statehood.
- Applications on “contesting sovereignty” should be related to one of the following fields:
- transformations in the governance of capital and of economic flows as a central element to understand the restructuring of sovereign power within and beyond Europe
- research in the field of political and social theory
- reconfigurations of social and political relations as important factors for the construction of sovereignty in a “Global Europe” (this includes the current economic and political crisis of Europe with relation to global contexts)
- re-regulations of sovereign power (rather than its de-regulation) as a key feature of contemporary transnational processes
- Completed PhD and have an track record in the research field of Europe in its global contexts
- Visiting Fellows should be keen to share and discuss their research.
- The Institute for European Global Studies strongly encourages women scholars to apply.
- The Fellowship includes funding.
How to Apply:
- For your application, please use the standard proposal form for your project proposal and your CV.
- Incoming applications without the standard form cannot be considered.
- Please submit all of your application documents in one email to: fellowship-eib(at)unibas.ch.
- The deadline for applications is August 14, 2016.
For questions please contact: fellowship-eib(at)unibas.ch.
|Organization||European Global Studies (IEGS) at the University of Basel|
|Subject areas||European studies|
|Deadline||September, April Yearly|
Further Information: Can be obtained at the Institute official website at www.europa.unibas.ch.