Deadline: 1 May 2018
International Program in Germany 2018 for Master’s Programme in Nanotechnology / Nanobiophysics at the Technische Universität Dresden
Level of Degree: Master of Science (Nanobiophysics)
Organizations: KU Leuven (Belgium), JFU Grenoble (France) and Chalmers (Sweden)
Course language(s): English
International Program Admission semester: Winter semester only
Duration: Four semesters (two years) with three semesters mainly for course work and the last semester for the Master’s thesis
1. The Master’s program aims at a focused education in modern biophysics, with a particular emphasis on the molecular view of biomolecules as cellular machines. It relates the concepts of biophysics and soft matter physics to the new field of nanophysics/nanotechnology, acknowledging the fact that both fields share a wide selection of methods and technologies, and that biomolecules can be ideal study and model objects for functional nanosystems.
2. The program has a strong practical focus.
3. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, students may choose one of two specialisation options: biophysics or nanoelectronics. The specialisation option Nanoelectronics covers molecular electronics, nanooptics, concepts of molecular modelling and molecular magnetism.
4. The specialisation option Biophysics covers applied biophysics, biophysical methods and cellular machines.
5. In both specialisation options, students learn basic concepts of molecular biology and biochemistry.
Applicants are required to have:
1. “Diplom”, Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualification in physics or biophysics or in engineering (nanotechnology)
2. Good knowledge in physics including mechanics, electrodynamics, optics, thermodynamics, quantum theory and basic knowledge in chemistry and biology
3. Proficiency in English: TOEFL (550 points paper-based test, 213 points computer-based test, 79 points internet-based test), or IELTS (6.0) or equivalent certificates
Application deadline: 31 May (yearly) for the following winter semester
Organization: Technische Universität Dresden
Fellowship Level: Masters
Subject areas: Life Sciences, Nanotechnology, Nanoscience
Fellowship amount: –
Eligibility: Open for all nationalities
Deadline: May yearly